Get your electronic copy here. Tee signs from all 18 holes along with hole rules.
The course rules document, in pdf format, is available for download here. There are three separate pages, each page is appropriate for one of the following tee pad groups:
Blue Tees: MPO
White Tees: FPO, MP40, MP50, MP60, MA1, MA40
Red Tees: FA1, FA2, MA2, MA3, MA50, MA60
All golf greens are OB, play next shot from last spot in-bounds. Over property fence line or driving range screen are OB, play next shot from last spot in-bounds. All sand bunkers are Hazards, play next shot from standard lie in hazard with one stroke penalty. Missed mandatories incur one stroke penalty, play next shot from marked drop zone.
2-meter rule IS in effect.
Q – 1 – When will tee times be posted?
A1 – Friday tee times for MPO/FPO are scheduled to be posted at 5pm Wednesday. Saturday tee times for all other divisions are scheduled to be posted Thursday at 5pm.
Q2 – When do the Pros play on Friday?
A2 – Tee times begin at 8am on Friday for MPO/FPO.
Q3 – When is the Player’s Party?
A3 – Friday from 6-9pm. We will have a Hawaiian BBQ buffet prepared by Chad Fukuda and Z Cafe for all registered players and the unveiling of our “Challenge the Goat Amber” beer from Yellhaus (at a modest price). If you are not a registered player and want to eat, buffet wristbands will be available for $10.
Q4 – I hear we have to pay to come watch. What’s up with that?
A4 – Renting out a golf course for the weekend is not cheap. We’re asking spectators who are being entertained by our event to pitch in a little. No spectator charge on Friday. Saturday and Sunday: $5 per day (includes a beverage ticket) or you can get the 2-day VIP pass, which includes a VIP lanyard/badge, beverage ticket and a tournament-stamp disc from Innova Disc Golf (Jet Black DX Aviar or Glow Champion VRoc).
These are projections – there will be minor modifications as the number of players in divisions shifts with drops and adds. Official tee times for MPO/FPO will be posted on PDGA.com Wednesday at 5pm. Official tee times for all other divisions will be posted on PDGA.com Thursday at 5pm.
71 players came out for the first Goat Hill Park monthly of 2019, many looking for a warm-up for The Challenge, coming up on May 3-5. Results are listed below:
|Brandie Myers||Ladies’ Open||83||$ 10|
|Natalie Brown||Ladies’ Open||89|
|Rachel Trager||Ladies’ Adv||85||$ 20|
|Danielle Bell||Ladies’ Adv||86||$ 3|
|Kaili Petersen||Ladies’ Adv||86||$ 3|
|Cindy Jin-Berg||Ladies’ Adv||92|
|Ashley Case||Ladies’ Adv||99|
|Garrett Tapken||Men’s Open||63||$ 100|
|Marc Jarvis||Men’s Open||64||$ 75|
|George Spracklen||Men’s Open||65||$ 50|
|Carlos Caballero||Men’s Open||66|
|Scott Miller||Men’s Open||67|
|Buddy Tritt||Men’s Open||68|
|Josh Juncal||Men’s Open||68|
|Joseph Bruno||Men’s Open||69|
|Aaron Alarcon||Men’s Open||69|
|Alex Gerlock||Men’s Open||71|
|Max Nichols||Men’s Open||71|
|Michael Lust||Men’s Open||72|
|Jesse Henderson||Men’s Open||72|
|Michael Brown||Men’s Open||73|
|Rusty Edwards||Adv||63||$ 100|
|Michael Westerman||Adv||66||$ 70|
|Brian Elliott||Adv||67||$ 40|
|Kevin Gomez||Adv||67||$ 40|
|Mike Despars||Adv||69||$ 5|
|Shane Dehner||Adv||69||$ 5|
|David Case||Adv||69||$ 5|
|Trevan Allison||Adv||69||$ 5|
|Daniel Quezada||Int||62||$ 45|
|Guy Sutton||Int||64||$ 30|
|Brett Melnick||Int||66||$ 15|
|Layne Sutton||Int||66||$ 15|
|Cristian Medina||Rec||74||$ 15|
It’s Glass Blown Open week in Emporia, KS and Johnny Discgolf is on the scene interviewing bunches of top players in his very laid back yet eager style. Here’s an interview he did with Goat Hill Park local (and son of the TD) AJ Risley where they talk a bit about the Goat and our upcoming tournament. The video is cued up to start right where they begin talking about The Challenge, but if you’re a fan of the “Loose Cannon” go back and listen to the whole interview. Enjoy!
A lot of work is being done to bring a top-level disc golf tournament to Goat Hill Park on May 3-5, 2019: The Challenge at Goat Hill Park – Driven by Innova. Our bid to join the Disc Golf Pro Tour includes:
- 200 tournament players – including the largest field of 1,000-rated players ever seen in San Diego County and the most 1,000-rated players at a PDGA event May 3-5, 2019
- Friday Night Welcome Player Party at the Goat
- Next-day video coverage from Central Coast Disc Golf
- UDiscLive scoring for MPO/FPO
- USDGC invitations for 5 MPO players
- “Challenge the Goat Amber” – a beer brewed especially for the event
- Cinco de Mayo party after the final putt on Sunday – with 3 live bands!
- Challenge the Goat Freaker socks in the Am player pack, along with 2 tournament-stamp discs
- At least $4,000 in added ca$h to the pro field
- New turf tee pads on all 18 holes
- A full vendor experience on-site, with two food vendors, craft beer, DiscGolfValues.com, SDSF, Nitro Monkey Coffee, and more…
How can you help make this tournament, bigger…better…funner…prize-ier (OK, I made up that last word)?
- Share this post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Next Door, wherever you can on social media
- Jump in as a sponsor (we have tee signs available) or share the sponsor brochure with your friends, your boss, your rich uncle or aunt
- Buy some of the cool Goat-stamped fundraiser discs we have available, including the first run of Splatter Star discs Innova has made
- Buy some of our other schwag: Goat Supporter bag tags, Play Disc Golf! Freaker bottle coozies, Challenge the Goat Freaker socks, Challenge to Goat pins from discgolfpins.com
- Be a VIP spectator for $20 – gets you a VIP lanyard, beverage coupon and a tournament-stamp disc
- Slip the TD a twenty
- Any or all of the above!!!
We have a chance to get The Challenge at Goat Hill Park on one of the major disc golf tours in the future. Help us do that by making this event one to remember!!!
Thanks!!!!!! – Allen Risley, Tournament Director, PDGA #1752