We’ve been working with DGPT, Goat Hill Park, City of Oceanside and Innova on details for spectating at The Challenge at Goat Hill Park. Spectator passes will go on sale Saturday, April 24, 2020 at 5pm:
- Spectator passes will be sold through the Disc Golf Pro Tour website, using Eventbrite. The link to keep an eye on is: https://www.dgpt.com/schedule/spectators/
- Sign up on our Spectator Interest List – we are working with DGPT to give you early access to purchase passes if you’re on that list.
- Passes are for 1 day only! If you want to spectate multiple days you will need to purchase a pass for each day. You will receive a wristband at check-in color-coded for that day.
- We are a Disc Golf Pro Tour event running under “Phase 2” guidelines. Phase 2 requires us all to wear masks and maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Friday, May 7 will be a “Spectator-Lite” day, as we do not have exclusive use of the Goat Hill Park Property. A limited number of “VIP” spectator passes will be available for $20 each. VIP pass spectators will be assigned to a “Spectator Host” to follow a specific foursome for the entire round. A limit of 25 spectators allowed per Spectator Host. VIP pass holders can sign up for a particular foursome/tee time at check-in on Friday.
- Saturday and Sunday, May 8-9: “General Admission” spectator passes will be available for $20 per person, per day. General Admission passes will give you access to the Tournament Central/Vendor area, viewing space for the warm-up area, and the following holes on the course: 1,2,3,6,9,10,11,12,13,14, 16,17,18 (See map below). Spectators must stay close to the cart paths, out of the field of play and at least 50 feet from players, caddies and media.
- Saturday and Sunday, May 8-9: A limited number of VIP passes will be available for $30 to follow top-ranking foursomes through the entire course, escorted by Spectator Hosts. A limit of 25 spectators allowed per Spectator Host, multiple “pods” of spectators will be allowed to follow a card (maintaining reasonable distance). VIP pass holders can sign up for a particular foursome/tee time when they check in.
- All spectator parking will be off Goat Hill Park property. Spectators will be making use of parking on adjoining city streets. We strongly encourage carpooling! General Admission passes will be sold as either North Gate or South Gate entry. See the map below for the gate locations.
- Food and beverage services will be available on-site.
- A variety of disc golf-related vendors will be on-site. We are also making space available for players who wish to vend or autograph discs.
- Make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes, use sunscreen, wear a hat, bring a camp stool to sit on. Walking 18 holes of disc golf at Goat Hill Park racks up 15,000 steps and 40 floors climbed on a Fitbit – be ready for The Challenge!
One thought on “Some More Spectator Details…(4/23/2021)”
are children under 10 free if accompanied by paid adult?