[This content has also been sent to players via e-mail]
We are one week out from competition! There is a lot of furious work going on to get things ready for you. I’ll be sending updates like this to you via email but I want you to know that you can also go to the tournament website (http://challengeatgoathillpark.com) or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Challengeatgoathillpark) for much of what I will send out via email. Also, if you have photos to post about the tournament on Instagram, please tag our Instagram account (@thechallengeatgoathill).
Please understand that because of the short amount of time between receiving PDGA sanctioning and running the event, much is happening very quickly. I don’t always have time to answer lots of questions (you want me to have time to calculate payout, right?) via e-mail, text, Messenger, phone call, carrier pigeon, etc., so please check the website/Facebook for info updates.
A few important points:
- We are PDGA sanctioned, so you will be receiving round ratings and PDGA points. CCDG will be filming, providing next-day coverage of the feature card with a full crew. We have 5 USDGC invitations to award to MPO players. Friens, family, fans can watch your progress real-time on UDiscLive.com.
- Goat Hill Park is open for disc golf play today (Thurs, 6/11/2020) and Sunday-Wednesday next week (6/14-17). They are making a tremendous amount of $$ right now on golf, so I can’t get Friday or Saturday tee times. YOU MUST SCHEDULE A TEE TIME BEFORE SHOWING UP. Tee times are available via their website (www.goathillpark.com) or by calling the Pro Shop (760-433-8590).
- Tee times for competition next week will be 1pm-3pm Thursday, 12:52pm-2:52pm Friday, 6:52am-8:44am. MPO cards will tee off first on Thurs/Fri, FPO will be first on Saturday. Tee times will be posted on PDGA.com (https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/44021) 24 hours before Thursday’s round and within 2 hours of previous day’s completion for Friday and Saturday.
- We will be setting the baskets into tournament positions on Saturday. FPO tee marker flags and paint will be placed on Saturday. The Goat-a-Mids on hole #5 will be built on Saturday. OB string will be run on Wednesday. Before Wednesday, OB locations will be noted in the caddie book, which will be available in PDF form on Saturday.
- There will be a “virtual players meeting” video posted online this weekend. I will email the link to all players and post the link on the website and Facebook page. Links to the caddie book, tee signs and event rules will be posted online and emailed to you.
- THIS WILL BE THE FIRST WEST-COAST A-TIER RUN UNDER COVID RULES!!! As such, PDGA and DGPT have guidelines for us to follow regarding social distancing and minimal physical contact. These guidelines take into consideration current San Diego County Health Department (SDHD) rules. These rules will be covered in the virtual player’s meeting and documents will be posted online. However, here are a few important notes:
- As of Thursday, 6/11/2020 at 12pm, we are not allowing caddies, because of group gathering restrictions by SDHD.
- Players will be required to do UDiscLive scoring, in order to minimize transfer of paper scorecards (PDGA, DGPT)
- We recommend that you warm up before arrival at the course. Players are not to show up more than 15 minutes before their tee times. There will be two practice baskets near the “Playground” area at the course. Please social distance, do not use a practice basket more than 15 minutes before your tee time.
- Wear a mask when in the vicinity of the Pro Shop or Starter’s tent.
- There will be “buffer lines” painted around all tee pads and baskets. One player at a time within the buffer zones, please.
- Failing to follow social distancing during play is grounds for a courtesy violation.
- Payout will be by PayPal or Venmo. We will ask for your preferred method next week.
This turned out to be a bit more than a few notes…but please know that I am excited to be able to be a part of the re-start of the Disc Golf Pro Tour season! I hope you enjoy your tournament experience next week – thanks for being part of The Challenge at Goat Hill Park, driven by Innova!
Allen Risley, Tournament Director